ExxonMobil Announces Judges for Second Annual Power Play Awards
ExxonMobil has announced eight industry experts that will serve as the official judges of the second annual Power Play Awards. Started in 2019, the LNG awards program was designed to recognize the accomplishments of women, and the men who support them, in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) value chain and encourage diversity throughout the energy sector.
The 2020 Power Play Awards judges are:
- Dena E. Wiggins, President and CEO of the Natural Gas Supply Association (NGSA), United States
- Jocelyne Machevo, External Relations Manager, Eni Rovuma Basin, Mozambique
- Julie Mayo, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, United States
- Madame Jin Shuping, Vice President, CNOOC Gas & Power Group, China
- Monika Simões, Founder and Managing Director, Energy Dialogues, United States
- Phaedra Deckart, General Manager, Energy Supply and Origination, AGL Energy Limited, Australia
- Shamshad Akhtar, Chairperson, Sui Southern Gas Company Limited, Pakistan
- Yang-mi Choi, Vice President and Head of KOGAS Research Institute, South Korea
The process for choosing the winner of each award category will follow the same steps implemented for the 2019 Power Play Awards. Once nominations open, anyone is welcome to submit as long as the person they are nominating works within the LNG value chain. Once the nomination period has ended, the hand-selected judges will assess each nomination and choose four finalists for each of the three categories. Following the announcement of the 12 finalists, the LNG community will be asked to vote for their favorite candidates. The judges’ scores will be combined with community votes to determine winners.
The 2019 Power Play Awards winners were announced and presented at Gastech in September 2019. All three winners – Jocelyne Machevo, Julie Mayo and Phaedra Deckart – will serve as judges for the 2020 awards process.
Details related to when the nominations for the awards will open will be released in the coming months.